The Safety Committee is comprised of the following individuals:
- Sheryl Wiser - Chairman, Fox Contractors Corp.
- Tom O’Connor, Jr., Vice-Chairman, Shambaugh & Son, L.P.
- John Brogan, BZW Master Painters Inc.
- Keith Campbell, C.L. Schust Company
- Chris Harmon, The Hagerman Group
- Andy Litchfield, Gibson Insurance
- Joe Morken, Fetters Construction Inc.
- Monty Richmond, Brooks Construction, Co., Inc.
- Jordan Scheiber, Gibson Insurance
- Mike Schenkel, Schenkel Construction, Inc.
- Rachel Skinner, Crosby Excavating
- Tom Smith, CME Corporation
- Mark Spears, Fox Contractors Corp.
- Joe Strack, Don R. Fruchey, Inc.
- Thomas White, The Hagerman Group
Identification of members needs relating to helping them have safer worksites is another major activity. A library with videos and reference materials on a variety of safety topics is available for members' to check out for use in their on-site training programs. BCA sponsors the bimonthly Safety Directors Forums that feature timely presentations on a broad array of topics important to safety professionals' effectiveness in creating safe work environments on their employers' jobsites. First aid training, OSHA 10-Hour and 30-Hour Construction courses are in high demand and are offered regularly to BCA contractor members. Other in-depth training courses are offered based on member requests and needs.
The BCA's safety recordkeeping software benefits contractors by helping them effectively track jobsite inspections, accidents and employee training needs. Future program enhancements will include ability to track drug testing, disciplinary actions, OSHA citations, and add in an OSHA 300 and 300A utility.