The Safety Committee is comprised of the following individuals:
- Sheryl Wiser - Chairman, Fox Contractors Corp.
- Mike Schenkel - Board Liaison, Schenkel Construction
- John Brogan, BZW Master Painters Inc.
- Keith Campbell, C.L. Schust Company
- Terris Green, Star Excavating
- Matt Herndon, Weigand Construction Co., Inc.
- Andy Litchfield, Gibson Insurance
- Tom O'Connor, Jr., Shambaugh & Son, L.P.
- Shawn Reader, The Hagerman Group
- Monty Richmond, Brooks Construction, Co., Inc.
- Jordan Scheiber, Gibson Insurance
- Rachel Skinner, Crosby Excavating
- Tom Smith, CME Corporation
- Mark Spears, Fox Contractors Corp.
- Joe Strack, Don R. Fruchey, Inc.
- Carl Swalls, Fetters Construction Inc.'
- David Theye, Briner Building, Inc.
- Thomas White, The Hagerman Group
- Jason Zimmerman, Shambaugh & Son, L.P.
Return to JULY 2018
Identification of members needs relating to helping them have safer worksites is another major activity. A library with videos and reference materials on a variety of safety topics is available for members' to check out for use in their on-site training programs.
BCA sponsors the bimonthly Safety Directors Forums that feature timely presentations on a broad array of topics important to safety professionals' effectiveness in creating safe work environments on their employers' jobsites. First aid training, OSHA 10-Hour and 30-Hour Construction courses are in high demand and are offered regularly to BCA contractor members. Other in-depth training courses are offered based on member requests and needs.