The Workforce Development & Education Committee is comprised of the following individuals:
- Pete Schenkel - Chairman, C.L. Schust Company
- Zach Kessie - Vice Chairman, Michael Kinder & Sons
- Larry Weigand - Board Liaison, Weigand Construction
- Carly Buchanan, Brooks Construction Co., Inc.
- Mark Englert, Mill Supplies, Inc.
- Brad Ewart, PE, SME
- Gordon Fisher, Old National Insurance
- Dan Gustafson, LeMaster Steel Erectors
- Timothy Hamilton, IPFW
- Parry Leavell, STAR Financial Group
- Bill Meyer, Shambaugh & Son, LP
- Joe Mikolay, Aerotek
- Eric Pedersen, Fetters Construction
- Monty Richmond, Brooks Construction Co., Inc.
- Craig Scherschel, Needham DBS
- Jason Scott, Patriot Engineering & Environmental
- Ryan Shotts, Brooks Construction Co., Inc.
- Karen Stahl, Moake Park Group, Inc.
- Ryan Voorhees, Ivy Tech Community College Northeast
Return to JULY 2018
Workforce Development Committee
The members' ability to attract and retain quality, productive employees is an activity very important to their business success, and BCA works to assist its members in doing so. BCA maintains good working relationships with over 40 northeast Indiana high schools. The Construction Career Academy is held over three days and highlights 16 construction trades and professions. The Academy relates what skills and abilities are needed by professional contractors and builds awareness of apprenticeship opportunities and their need for employees with formal education after high school. The program attracts capacity enrollment of 60 students every year. Students are recommended by their teachers for enrollment, and admission is limited to the top three students from each school.
Promoting life long learning is an objective of BCA, and the Lunch & Learn Series supports that through bimonthly seminars on a variety of business topics. The Leadership Development Program is an intensive five-month program for entry and mid-level managers who desire to hone their skills and develop their capacity for future leadership roles in their company.