The Workforce Development & Education Committee is comprised of the following individuals:
- Pete Schenkel - Chairman, C.L. Schust Company
- Fred Eckart - Vice-Chairman, Cavanaugh Consulting Group, Inc.
- James J. Brunson, Ivy Tech Community College
- Mark Englert, Mill Supplies, Inc.
- Gordon Fisher, Old National Insurance
- Timothy Hamilton, IPFW
- Zach Kessie, Michael Kinder & Sons, Inc.
- Bill Meyer, Shambaugh & Son, LP
- Joe Mikolay, Aerotek
- Monty Richmond, Brooks Construction Co., Inc.
- Craig Scherschel, Needham & Associates, Inc.
- Ryan Shotts, Brooks Construction Co., Inc.
- Karen Stahl, Moake Park Group, Inc.
- Dan Warner, G & L Corporation
- Larry Weigand, Weigand Construction Co., Inc.
- Jason Scott, Patriot Engineering & Environmental
- Michael James, Faegre Baker Daniels
Workforce Development Committee
The members' ability to attract and retain quality, productive employees is an activity very important to their business success, and BCA works to assist its members in doing so. BCA maintains good working relationships with over 40 northeast Indiana high schools. The Construction Career Academy is held over three days and highlights 16 construction trades and professions. The Academy relates what skills and abilities are needed by professional contractors and builds awareness of apprenticeship opportunities and their need for employees with formal education after high school. The program attracts capacity enrollment of 60 students every year. Students are recommended by their teachers for enrollment, and admission is limited to the top three students from each school.
Promoting life long learning is an objective of BCA, and the Lunch & Learn Series supports that through bimonthly seminars on a variety of business topics. The Leadership Development Program is an intensive five-month program for entry and mid-level managers who desire to hone their skills and develop their capacity for future leadership roles in their company.